It's "all good"


My life has changed so drastically that I found myself today covered in baby pee and spit up and rather than changing my clothes and immediately putting them in the wash or taking a shower - I decided it was 'all good' - it was MY baby's urine and spit, therefore it made it okay. I do everything I can to make sure he is wiped up, bathed and changed - yet I found no need to worry about me. This is the inevitable moment I realized that I am no longer living for myself. There is a beauty to that feeling and also a tremendous amount of sadness. We must remember that these little tiny moments can add up years later to us looking back and wondering 'where did my personality go?' and 'who am i outside of being a mom?'

I will strive to change my shirt the next time SPIT happens (yet, I can't promise)...

No comments: