Here we go...It's a Mom's Club World


It is the first post on my new blog. I have so many insights and things in my head that right off the bat I can think of 20 different topics I want to post. Let me start off by telling you that I am not a writer, just a 32 year old, new mother with random thoughts and feelings I would like to share. I haven't decided who I am sharing them with, yet somehow having them out in cyberspace feels therapeutic to me. These are times of learning the 'ropes' of being a new mom.

There is no instruction book for raising a child or figuring out how to juggle the thoughts and feelings that come with it. I have come to learn that there is an underlying 'club' when meeting another mother. You don't even have to say a thing, they just get it. I had always heard this before but didn't understand the truth of it completely until recently. I felt there needed to be a place to discuss those 'underlying' topics that may or may not ever get discussed behind closed doors.

Every mom in the world automatically enters into this 'Mom's Club' - the most life changing thing that ever happens to a woman. It really feels like an official organization possibly without the recognition. We are all our own Club Presidents.. there are dues we pay, initiation moments, a constitution of rules and guidelines, daily preparation, and we are always recruiting new members. Those full bellied folks we see at the grocery store or around town and we feel obligated to speak to them about our mommy club moments... It is a right of passage ~ and now I personally have finally arrived!


I hereby call this meeting to order!

No comments: